healthy kettle corn
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup un-popped organic popcorn
2 tablespoons coconut sugar / Stevia
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, no sugar added (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, blend together your coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spice (if you are using it) so you have it pre-measured and ready to pour. Set aside.
2. Using a sturdy pot with a lid, melt the coconut oil and then add the popcorn kernels. Cover with lid.
3. Make sure you have some pot holders handy if you need them. Occasionally shake the pot over the flame to avoid burning.
4. When the popcorn is popped, keep the lid on, but remove the pot from the heat.
5. Remove lid and quickly stir in the coconut sugar, stirring with a wooden spoon is best. Stir until the popcorn is well coated. There will still be some white spots on the corn. It should look roughly like the photo above.
6. Once mixed, immediately transfer to a cool serving bowl so the sugar doesn’t burn.